Thursday, November 12, 2009

Malika - Day 10 - One More Monkey

I woke up at 5 this morning but this time it was on purpose. Dave and Dany had to leave for Dakar this morning to pick up the next addition to our monkey group. They just wanted me to set my alarm to make sure they woke up. Luckily I moved out to the living room where the overhead fan kept me cool all night long. After waking up in the morning for breakfast I was greeted by the new member of our extended family; Steven. We all had breakfast together and then started reading James. It was great to add another believer to the table. Breakfast was soon over and I had the task of getting ready to leave this afternoon for a "business" trip to take some of the merchandise the guys make and sell it to a group of medical missionaries that are getting ready to leave back to the states. The accounting process is a little different over here since you have to deal with American dollars and CFA at the same time, but it seems to all work out in the end. After a scrumptious lunch of fish ball surprise I was able to sit with Jeebs and read the Bible in Wolof. We started with my favorite verse 1 Thess. 5:16. I should have realized sooner that the work of the Spirit, through the Bible, is something else that bridges the language barrier. He also showed me some of the alphabet and while we were reading I was starting to get the hang of it Around 4 we started to load the car with all the boys' merchandise. Then around 5 Herma, Jeebs, Dominga, and I loaded up in the truck and headed to Theis which is a city about 70 kilometers away. We arrived in the city just fine but then I realized that Herma had no idea where we were going. We would drive up one street and then come back down. We finally got a hold of one of the policemen ( I think ) and he took us to a couple different locations and we finally found one that knew where we were supposed to go. We took all of our stuff inside and the people were extremely nice. Jeebs was nice enough to show off his djembe skills with the missionaries, and they were all very impressed. After a long ride home, I'm ready to go to bed. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment